Tuesday, March 13, 2012

It's time

I'm exhausted, but I didn't want to go to bed tonight without this one last blog before the big day.  

Drama and Jax
The past few days were spent with so many friends and family.  On Thursday, Ger and I went to the Humane Society.  I've been thinking about getting a dog.  I knew I wanted a little dog, was leaning towards a shih tzu (just like lil Drama and Jax!) but I saw some big, but really cute dogs at the Humane Society.  There was a pit bull named Frankie... omgeee.  Beautiful dog!  There was another that I really liked, his name was Solo and he is a rottweiler mix.  And there was a mastiff, I can't remember his name, but he also was a gorgeous dog.  I've decided that once I own my own house, I will be adopting a larger dog.  But for now, I will be on the search for a little shih tzu, and hopefully have a little one sooner than later.  

Westwood Dental (missing: Lily, Melissa, Brooke) 

I spent that evening and the days following catching up with old friends.  Hung out with Lisa, Shauna and Alexis that night.  Then had lunch with the Westwood crew Friday afternoon, who made me the most amazing cake!  Friday evening I spent with Eddie and Mark, who so graciously put together my microwave cart for me while I slept.. lol.  The next morning, Eddie took me out to run my errands, and Lori that evening helped me clean out my apartment.  Couldn't have done any of it without them. Finally, Cheryl and Mylaida came to see me on Sunday evening.  It was so good to see everyone.  I've been needing to surround myself with people these days, the mind does crazy things when I'm alone.

Sunday was my dad's birthday.  There was a get together with our closest family members at Kum Koon for lunch.  Again, family therapy is great therapy.  I love my family to pieces, it was a great way to spend the day.  It was an emotional time for me, both happy and sad.  Grateful to celebrate my dad's 65th year of life and good health.  Grateful for all the support I received from the extended family, as it was my first time seeing almost everyone since hearing of my diagnosis.  Grateful that we were all together.

I have spent the last 5 days thinking about how crazy it is, how much people have pulled through for me and how willing the people who truly love me are to help me.  Having friends from high school and friends from work who keep reminding me that they'll be around to see me and help me out in any way when I get out of the hospital.  Sheila, my sister in law, who has listened to me cry over and over again over the past few weeks... and who so selflessly stayed up until 7am Sunday morning to do my laundry for me.  Love, love, LOVE you, Sheila.  And Jady, who drove me to my appointment today and held my hand while I was injected with radioactive material (for my sentinel node biopsy tomorrow, which will be done in surgery to see if my cancer had spread).  And the lovely phone call from Nicole and Karen in Vancouver on Saturday night.  Really, so much support from the people who care about me, and even from some who I least expected it.  I can go on and on, I wish I could go on naming everyone but there has just been so much. 

When I wake up, I will be getting ready to go to the hospital for my surgery.  Thank you for all the thoughts, prayers and positive vibes.  I'm scared, but trying to remember that this is it... they're physically removing the cancer from my body.

Tomorrow.  Tomorrow I start my path to recovery.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Ate Nessa! I will be thinking of you tomorrow and have been thinking about you everyday. XOXO I hope you will feel better enough for when I am there next month. I really want to see you. Hugs & kisses, tonnes of love for you from BC <3